The exact definition: moving or capable of moving with great speed or velocity; fleet; rapid
The way we do it at our house, swifter doesn't mean fast.
Our definition: a duster that you can use on floors, shelves, and anywhere else dust collects.
Jewry.
I don't think that there is a real definition.
I think that the correct word is jewelry, meaning,articles of gold, silver, precious stones, etc., for personal adornment.
Every time I ride to Colmbus with Papaw, I hear about "People always talkin' so dang loud on them cellaphones."
Then there are those most anticipated trips to Walmark.
People shop Walmart.
I have NEVER, I repeat, NEVER stepped foot in one single Walmart.
I guess the point here is, we didn't learn how to talk at some fancy, shmancy private school. And the closest thing we have to a nanny, is Nan. Nan is the grandma who pretty much raised us from the time the stork dropped us out on our heads, except for myself, making a grand entrance butt first.
We learned how to talk faster than the first tooth, coming in much later. We all know correct grammar, but some things just stick, if you hear them enough.
Word. :)
ReplyDelete